2b. Student Loans

Student Loans Offered by KfW Bank

The publicly-owned KfW Bank offers student loans to

  • German citizens and their dependents
  • EU citizens who have been lawfully residing in Germany on a permanent basis for at least three years and their dependents
  • So-called educational residents who have a German Higher Education Entrance Qualification.

For more information, please visit the Kfw website (in English).

Professional and Career Development Loans Offered by the United Kingdom Skills Funding Agency

A Professional and Career Development Loan (PCDL) is a commercial bank loan to help pay for learning that will improve the employability of the learner or lead them into employment. As a commercial bank loan, all lending decisions are taken by the banks involved. The Agency will pay the interest on the loan while the learner is learning.

The United Kingdom Skills Funding Agency offers this kind of loan to

  • UK residents or persons settled in the UK for over three years.

The MIPLC is registered as a PCDL learning provider.

For more information, please refer to the PCDL document.



3. Applica-tion Periods

Further Information

KfW Website

PCDL Document