Quality is Our Core Concern
Our ambition is to provide the best program available to our students. To this end, we have adopted a variety of quality control measures.
Our LL.M. program "Intellectual Property and Competition Law" is fully accredited by ACQUIN e.V., a German accreditation agency and a member of the European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education (EQAR). Accreditation was preceded by a rigid examination process in which all aspects of the program and its administration were carefully scrutinized by a panel of experts. The evaluation committee was highly satisfied with the MIPLC program and its set-up, and in its report came to the conclusion that the program achieved its goals in an excellent manner.
We strive to continuously improve the quality of our program, rather than simply maintaining the status quo. To this end, we have set up a rigorous system of course evaluation. We encourage all students to anonymously complete our standardized evaluation forms and to provide specific comments directly after the completion of a course. All evaluation forms are analyzed and the results forwarded to and discussed with the lecturer.
Moreover, all students are asked to participate in the overall program evaluation which takes place at the end of the academic year. The results of this overall evaluation are published in the MIPLC's annual report for the respective academic year.
On a scale from 1 (very good/ totally agree) to 5 (very bad/ totally disagree), our students have judged as follows (weighted average for the academic years 2004/05 – 2014/15):
- 1.42 for "The LL.M. IP program has given me an excellent knowledge of Intellectual Property and Competition Law."
- 1.64 for "Altogether I am satisfied with the LL.M. IP Program in its present form."
- 1.89 for "The LL.M. IP degree opens up very attractive career perspectives."
- 1.30 for "The library of the Max Planck Institute has been an extremely valuable resource."
- 1.71 for "I was very content with the support given by the MIPLC team."
- 1.88 for "I was very content with the tutors' educational support provided."
In addition, our lecturers consistently win excellent ratings, such as an average of 1.85 for the academic year 2014/15 on a scale from 1 (excellent) to 6 (unacceptable).