2a. Scholarship Opportunities
We understand that not all applicants are able to pay the fees or to secure sufficient bank loans. MIPLC can offer financial assistance to a limited degree only, and competition is fierce. We therefore encourage everyone interested in financial assistance to explore a variety of funding options. Quite often, there are scholarship opportunities that wait to be discovered, which means that you have to look for them. In particular, we recommend the following:
- Talk to your employer. Sending you to the MIPLC is an investment in your skills and therefore in your employer's interest, as they will benefit from your new knowledge and your contacts after your return;
- Check the programs offered by the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service);
- Find out whether your government offers any funding for students going abroad;
- Multinational or German companies operating in your country might support you;
- Contact organizations such as Rotary, which usually have funds to sponsor outgoing students;
- Turkish applicants may wish to apply for the Jean Monnet Scholarship Program or the DAAD-TEV Master's Degree Scholarship;
- Applicants from the U.S. may apply for a scholarship at the Fulbright Commission;
- Mexican applicants may be eligible for loans granted by the Fondo para el Desarrollo des Recursos Humanos (FIDERH);
This list is not exhaustive; therefore, it pays to "shop around" in your home country and search the internet as well.
The following information covers financial assistance for which you apply directly at MIPLC.
Fee Waiver Scholarships
To students of its LL.M. program, MIPLC provides a small number of partial fee waiver scholarships. We receive a large number of applications for financial assistance every year. Thus, when making decisions on fee waiver scholarships, we strive to identify those candidates who are in most urgent need of financial support and who have a history of outstanding academic and personal achievement.
For detailed information about how to apply, please refer to the corresponding section of the Application Instructions. The application deadline is April 30 for the following academic year and the decisions are usually taken in June.
DAAD Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries
MIPLC is a part of the DAAD's scholarship program for "Development-Related Postgraduate Courses". This means that applicants for the MIPLC LL.M. program from developing countries (according to the DAC list of the OECD) may apply for this scholarship if they fulfill the DAAD's eligibility criteria.
If you are interested in any other kind of scholarship or funding provided by the DAAD outside of this particular program, please apply to the DAAD directly.
1. Admission Requirements
2. Financial Matters
2a. Scholarship Opportunities
2b. DAAD Scholarship
2c. Student Loans
3. Application Periods
4. How to Apply
5. Review Periods
6. Admitted - Next Steps